Ubud Arts and Culture Tour
❀ Tour Itinerary
Pick up time 08.30 AM | Duration 8 hours
Be picked up from your hotel, sit back, and relax as you journey through the Balinese countryside. Your first stop is Celuk village is the silver and gold centre of Bali. The flashier showrooms are on the main road, and have marked prices that are quite high, although you can always bargain. Hundreds of silversmiths and goldsmiths work in their homes on the backstreets north and east of the main road. Most of these artisans are from pande families, members of a sub-caste of blacksmiths whose knowledge of fire and metal has traditionally put them outside the usual caste hierarchy.
Next, to Batuan Temple, referred to locally as ‘Pura Puseh Batuan’, is a focal landmark in the namesake village of Batuan, well-known for its traditional Balinese arts and paintings. This 11th century temple faces a separate large communal hall from where most visitors start their visit. When there’s no major temple ceremony on, which otherwise occupies this space with towering fruit and flower offerings, it is filled with local artists and craftsmen displaying their latest work, from batiks to framed paintings and statuettes.
Then drive on to Mas village, a well-known woodcarving village. See the intricate carvings of handmade wood products, interact with the friendly villagers, and see how artisans transform a simple piece of wood into fine art.
Drive to the Tegalalang village, the most beautiful view of rice terraces. Meet local farmers planting and harvesting and then learn about Subak, a traditional and ecologically sustainable irrigation system that combines the realms of spirits, humans, and nature. Lunch will be served here at local restaurant.
Continue trip to the Sacred Monkey Forest of Ubud, The monkeys within the forest are commonly called long-tailed macaques. Their scientific name is Macaca fascicuiaris. Currently, there are approximately 340 (32 adult males, 19 male sub adult, 77 adult females, 122 juvenile and 54 infants). Within long-tailed macaque societies, females are typically born into and remain with a single troop for life. In contrast, adult and sub-adult males may migrate between troops (young adult males typically leave their natal troop between the ages of 4 to 8 years.
Afterward, leave Ubud monkey forest drive to visit the majestic royal palace was the residence of the last King of Ubud, Puri Saren Agung,marvel at its artistic design and structure, then cross the road to the traditional Art Market. Spend some time checking out the crafts and pieces on offer and browse for souvenirs from local artists, before heading back to your hotel.
❀ Tour Highlights
- Discovery of art & heritage at unique Balinese villages
- Demonstration of traditional woodcarving process
- Panoramic view of Tegalalang rice terrace
- Visiting the Sacred Monkey Forest of Padangtegal
- Distinct architecture of the royal palace Puri Saren Agung
- Traditional & modern arts & crafts at Ubud's lively market
US $ 40
- Comfortable air-conditioned car or minivan during the tour on private basis
- English speaking guide and driver
- Entrance fees and tickets
- Government tax
- Above price quoted per person in US dollar
- A minimum of 2 (two) adult per booking is required
- Child; 4 - 11 years old at 50% off
- Child below 4 years old are complimentary
- The tour are in private, that mean there is no other participant, just only you and your companion
- The payment can be made in cash either US $, AS $, MYR, EURO, Rupiah or other currencies based on the latest exchange rates
- Credit card are acceptable with additional 3% surcharge for Bank tax
- Get special discount for group booking
❀ Additional Info
☞ How to Book?
Please complete the form bellow
Book Through Whatsapp