Campuhan Ridge Walk in Ubud, Bali
The Campuhan Ridge Walk is a popular nature trail located in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. It is a scenic trek along a ridge that offers stunning panoramic views of the lush green valley below, making it a favorite among nature lovers, hikers, and photographers.
The Campuhan Ridge Walk starts near the famous Pura Gunung Lebah temple, which is considered one of the oldest temples in Ubud. The trail follows a paved pathway that winds its way along the ridge, passing through beautiful rice fields, coconut palms, and tropical vegetation. The gentle uphill path is relatively easy and suitable for all fitness levels, making it a pleasant walk for most people.
As you walk along the ridge, you'll be treated to breathtaking vistas of the surrounding countryside, with terraced rice fields, deep river gorges, and verdant hillsides stretching out in every direction. There are several spots along the way where you can stop, take a break, and soak in the stunning scenery.
Keep reading to find out how to get there along with everything else you need to know! But feel free to jump to any section that interests you:
- How To Get To Campuhan Ridge Walk
- Campuhan Ridge Walk Entrance Fee
- Campuhan Ridge Walk Opening Times
- Campuhan Ridge Walk Location
- The Best Time to Visit Campuhan Ridge Walk
- Hotels Near Campuhan Ridge Walk
- Restaurants Near Campuhan Ridge Walk
- Campuhan Ridge Walk Sunrise
- Campuhan Ridge Walk Sunset
One of the highlights of the Campuhan Ridge Walk is the picturesque wooden bridge known as "Jembatan Cinta" or the "Love Bridge," which is a popular spot for taking photos. The bridge spans across a deep gorge and offers stunning views of the Campuhan River below.
The Campuhan Ridge Walk is not only a great way to enjoy the natural beauty of Bali but also an opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of Ubud town and immerse yourself in a peaceful and serene environment. It's recommended to go early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid the midday heat and enjoy the best lighting for photography.
How To Get To Campuhan Ridge WalkThe Campuhan Ridge Walk is located in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, and can be easily accessed by various means of transportation. Here's how you can get to Campuhan Ridge Walk:
- By car or motorbike: If you're staying in Ubud or nearby areas and have your own transportation, you can drive or ride a motorbike to Campuhan Ridge Walk. The starting point of the trail is located near Pura Gunung Lebah temple, which is just a short drive from the center of Ubud. You can use a GPS or ask locals for directions to the temple, and then follow the signs or paved pathway that leads to the ridge.
- By taxi: Taxis are widely available in Ubud, and you can easily hire a taxi to take you to Campuhan Ridge Walk. Just tell the driver that you want to go to Pura Gunung Lebah temple or Campuhan Ridge Walk, and they should be able to take you there. Make sure to negotiate the fare beforehand or ask the driver to use the meter.
- By bicycle: Another option is to rent a bicycle and cycle to Campuhan Ridge Walk. Cycling can be a fun and eco-friendly way to explore Ubud and its surrounding areas. There are many bicycle rental shops in Ubud where you can rent a bike for a few hours or a whole day, and then ride to Campuhan Ridge Walk following the same directions as for driving.
- By foot: If you're staying in Ubud town center, you can also walk to Campuhan Ridge Walk. It's about a 15-20 minute walk from the Ubud Royal Palace to the starting point of the trail near Pura Gunung Lebah temple. Just head towards Jalan Raya Ubud and then turn onto Jalan Bangkiang Sidem until you reach the temple.
Once you reach the starting point of Campuhan Ridge Walk, you'll find signs and a paved pathway that leads you along the ridge. The trail is relatively easy to follow, and you can enjoy the scenic walk at your own pace. Remember to wear comfortable shoes, bring water, and protect yourself from the sun as Bali can be hot and humid.
Campuhan Ridge Walk Entrance FeeAs of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2023, there is no entrance fee to access the Campuhan Ridge Walk. The trail is open to the public and does not require any admission fee or ticket for entry. However, please note that fees and regulations are subject to change, and it's always a good idea to check for the latest information from reliable sources or with local authorities before visiting.
While there is no official entrance fee, there might be some donation boxes along the trail or near the temples that you can contribute to voluntarily to support the maintenance and conservation efforts of the area. It's entirely up to you whether you want to make a donation or not.
Also, please be respectful of the local customs and traditions when visiting Campuhan Ridge Walk, as it passes through a sacred area with temples and rice fields. Dress modestly, be mindful of your actions, and leave no trace to help preserve the natural beauty and cultural significance of the place for future generations to enjoy.
Campuhan Ridge Walk Opening TimesThe Campuhan Ridge Walk is an outdoor nature trail in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, and it is accessible to visitors during daylight hours. While there are no strict opening or closing times for the Campuhan Ridge Walk itself, it's important to keep in mind that it is an outdoor trail, and it is generally recommended to visit during daylight hours for safety reasons.
As Bali is located near the equator, the daylight hours are relatively consistent throughout the year, with sunrise around 6:00 AM and sunset around 6:00 PM. However, it's always a good idea to check the local sunrise and sunset times for the specific date of your visit, as they may vary slightly depending on the time of year.
It's also important to note that the Campuhan Ridge Walk is an unlit trail, and it can be challenging to navigate after sunset. Therefore, it's recommended to plan your visit during the daytime and allow enough time to complete the trail before it gets dark.
Additionally, weather conditions can affect the accessibility and safety of the trail. During the rainy season in Bali, which typically falls between November and March, the trail may become muddy or slippery, and it's important to take caution and be prepared for potential changes in weather conditions.
In summary, while there are no strict opening or closing times for the Campuhan Ridge Walk, it's best to visit during daylight hours, plan your visit accordingly, and be mindful of weather conditions and safety considerations to ensure an enjoyable experience.
Campuhan Ridge Walk LocationThe Campuhan Ridge Walk is located in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. It is situated on a ridge that runs between two river valleys, with panoramic views of lush green rice fields, tropical vegetation, and distant hills. The starting point of the trail is near Pura Gunung Lebah temple, which is located in the village of Bangkiang Sidem, just a short distance north of Ubud town center.
The exact coordinates of the starting point of Campuhan Ridge Walk are: Latitude: -8.495194 Longitude: 115.257964
To reach the starting point, you can follow Jalan Raya Ubud (Ubud's main road) north from Ubud town center, and then turn onto Jalan Bangkiang Sidem. There are signs and a paved pathway that lead to the trailhead near Pura Gunung Lebah temple. You can ask locals or use a GPS for directions to the starting point.
Please note that Bali's road and infrastructure conditions can change, and it's always a good idea to double-check the directions with reliable sources or local authorities before your visit to ensure you find the correct location.
The Best Time to Visit Campuhan Ridge WalkThe Campuhan Ridge Walk in Ubud, Bali can be visited throughout the year, as Bali generally experiences warm tropical weather with relatively consistent temperatures. However, the best time to visit the Campuhan Ridge Walk may depend on several factors such as weather, crowd levels, and personal preferences.
Here are some considerations to help you decide the best time to visit Campuhan Ridge Walk:
- Weather: Bali has two main seasons - the dry season (April to September) and the rainy season (October to March). The dry season generally offers sunny and clear weather, which can be ideal for hiking the ridge trail and enjoying the scenic views. However, the rainy season may bring occasional downpours and muddy conditions, which can make the trail slippery and less enjoyable.
- Crowds: Campuhan Ridge Walk is a popular tourist attraction in Ubud, and the level of crowds can vary depending on the time of year. The dry season (April to September) tends to be more crowded, with higher tourist numbers, while the rainy season (October to March) may see fewer visitors. If you prefer a quieter experience with fewer crowds, visiting during the rainy season might be a better option.
- Time of day: The Campuhan Ridge Walk can be visited during daylight hours, and the early morning or late afternoon can offer pleasant weather and softer lighting for photography. Avoiding the midday heat can make your hike more comfortable, especially if you're planning to do the entire trail.
- Personal preferences: Your own preferences and interests should also be taken into account. Some people may prefer cooler weather and fewer crowds, while others may enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the dry season. Consider what type of experience you are looking for and plan accordingly.
Overall, the best time to visit Campuhan Ridge Walk may vary depending on your priorities and preferences. The dry season (April to September) generally offers better weather, while the rainy season (October to March) may have fewer crowds. However, it's always a good idea to check the weather forecast and trail conditions before your visit and be prepared for potential changes in weather and crowds.
Hotels Near Campuhan Ridge WalkIf you're looking for hotels near Campuhan Ridge Walk in Ubud, Bali, there are several options available. Here are some suggestions:
- Komaneka at Bisma: This luxury resort is located just a short drive from Campuhan Ridge Walk and offers stunning views of the surrounding rice fields and tropical greenery. It features spacious suites and villas with modern amenities, a beautiful infinity pool, spa services, and an on-site restaurant.
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa: This boutique hotel is nestled in the lush tropical forest of Ubud and offers a serene and secluded retreat. It is located within a short distance from Campuhan Ridge Walk and features Balinese-style villas with private pools, a spa, and an open-air restaurant overlooking the river.
- Pita Maha Resort & Spa: This luxury resort is set on a hillside overlooking the lush green valleys and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. It features Balinese-style villas with private gardens or plunge pools, a spa, a restaurant, and a free shuttle service to Campuhan Ridge Walk.
- Sankara Ubud Resort: This boutique resort is located in a peaceful village just a short drive from Campuhan Ridge Walk and offers a serene and intimate setting. It features elegant villas with private pools or balconies, a spa, a restaurant, and a yoga pavilion.
- Bisma Eight: This stylish hotel is situated in the heart of Ubud and is within walking distance to Campuhan Ridge Walk. It features contemporary designed suites with modern amenities, a rooftop bar with panoramic views, a spa, and a restaurant serving farm-to-table cuisine.
Please note that availability, rates, and amenities of hotels near Campuhan Ridge Walk may vary, and it's always a good idea to check with the hotels directly or through a reliable booking website for the most up-to-date information and to make reservations based on your specific requirements.
Restaurants Near Campuhan Ridge WalkThere are several restaurants and cafes near Campuhan Ridge Walk in Ubud, Bali where you can grab a meal or refreshments after your hike. Here are some suggestions:
- Karsa Cafe: Located right at the entrance of Campuhan Ridge Walk, Karsa Cafe offers a picturesque setting with stunning views of the rice fields. They serve a variety of Indonesian and Western dishes, including vegetarian and vegan options, as well as refreshing drinks and smoothies.
- Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud: This riverside restaurant offers a unique dining experience with tables set up on a deck overlooking the river. It serves a fusion of Western and Asian cuisines using fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. The restaurant offers an extensive menu, including seafood, meat, and vegetarian options.
- Nuris Ubud: This popular restaurant is known for its mouth-watering BBQ ribs and other meat dishes. It offers a casual atmosphere with both indoor and outdoor seating, and serves a variety of Indonesian and Western cuisines. Nuris Ubud is located in the Ubud area, just a short drive from Campuhan Ridge Walk.
- Locavore:This renowned restaurant in Ubud offers a fine dining experience with a focus on locally-sourced and sustainable ingredients. It offers a degustation menu that features creative and innovative dishes with a mix of Indonesian and Western flavors. Locavore is located in the central Ubud area, a short distance from Campuhan Ridge Walk.
- Moksa Plant-based Restaurant & Permaculture Garden: This restaurant is a haven for vegans and vegetarians, offering a plant-based menu made with organic ingredients from their permaculture garden. The restaurant serves a variety of creative and flavorful dishes, including raw food options, and focuses on sustainability and environmentally-friendly practices.
Please note that restaurant availability, operating hours, and menus may vary, and it's always a good idea to check with the restaurants directly or through reliable sources for the most up-to-date information.
Campuhan Ridge Walk SunriseCampuhan Ridge Walk is known for its picturesque scenery and beautiful views, including during sunrise. Watching the sunrise from Campuhan Ridge Walk can be a magical experience as you witness the golden hues of the rising sun illuminating the surrounding rice fields and lush green landscape. Here are some tips for catching the sunrise at Campuhan Ridge Walk:
- Plan ahead: Check the sunrise time for the day of your visit and plan to arrive at Campuhan Ridge Walk at least 30-45 minutes before sunrise to allow enough time to find a good vantage point and set up your camera if you plan to take photos.
- Wear appropriate clothing: It can be cool and breezy early in the morning, so be sure to bring a light jacket or shawl to keep warm. Wear comfortable shoes for walking along the ridge trail.
- Be mindful of the surroundings: Campuhan Ridge Walk is a natural area, so be respectful of the environment and follow any posted signs or guidelines. Keep noise levels low to preserve the tranquility of the place and avoid disturbing other visitors.
- Capture the moment: Don't forget to bring your camera or smartphone to capture the breathtaking sunrise views. Take your time to appreciate the changing colors and serene atmosphere.
- Stay safe: Be cautious when walking along the ridge trail, especially in low-light conditions. Watch your step and be mindful of any uneven terrain or slippery spots.
Remember to always practice responsible tourism and leave no trace by not littering or damaging the natural surroundings. Enjoy the magical sunrise experience at Campuhan Ridge Walk and cherish the memories of this beautiful moment in Bali.
Campuhan Ridge Walk SunsetThe sunset at Campuhan Ridge Walk in Ubud, Bali, is a breathtaking sight to behold. As the sun sets behind the lush greenery and rice fields, it creates a stunning panorama of colors in the sky. Here are some tips for experiencing the sunset at Campuhan Ridge Walk:
- Check the sunset time: Before your visit, check the local sunset time for the day of your visit, as sunset times can vary throughout the year.
- Arrive early: Plan to arrive at Campuhan Ridge Walk at least 30-45 minutes before sunset to allow enough time to find a good vantage point and set up your camera if you plan to take photos.
- Choose the right vantage point: There are several spots along the Campuhan Ridge Walk trail that offer great sunset views. One popular spot is the hilltop near the Karsa Kafe, which provides a panoramic view of the surrounding landscape.
- Wear appropriate clothing: Bring a light jacket or shawl, as it can get cool and breezy during sunset. Wear comfortable shoes for walking along the ridge trail.
- Capture the moment: Don't forget to bring your camera or smartphone to capture the mesmerizing sunset views. Experiment with different angles and settings to capture the best shots.
- Be mindful of the surroundings: Respect the natural environment and follow any posted signs or guidelines. Keep noise levels low to preserve the peaceful ambiance and avoid disturbing other visitors.
- Stay safe: Be cautious when walking along the ridge trail, especially in low-light conditions. Watch your step and be mindful of any uneven terrain or slippery spots.
- Enjoy the moment: Take your time to soak in the beauty of the sunset and the tranquil ambiance of Campuhan Ridge Walk. It's a great opportunity to relax, meditate, or simply enjoy the breathtaking view.
Remember to practice responsible tourism and leave no trace by not littering or damaging the natural surroundings. Enjoy the mesmerizing sunset experience at Campuhan Ridge Walk and create lasting memories of your visit to this beautiful destination in Bali.
Planning Your Vacation to Bali?
Let Check it out! — Cheap & Best Bali Tour Packages?
Dear lovely guests, the Bali Cheapest Tours is a small tour operator in Bali, that focuses on creating memorable & unique experiences around Bali, Indonesia
Our job is not just to sell tours that will let travelers know the culture, history, traditions and the magnificent nature of this island. And our team is composed of fun, local experts guides. We love meeting new people from around the world and helping them capture amazing photos and experience our local culture.
Our promise to you is that you will always be treated as family. We’re sure you will have a fun, safe and unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else.